McAfee is a well-known software when it comes to system protection. McAfee WebAdvisor is the browser extension program that keeps an eye on user activities while browsing the internet. It comes with various features that help in the security of your data.
The features help you to safeguard your system however, you may be not happy with the service of McAfee WebAdvisor and wants to remove it. This article will help you to understand the procedure of how to remove McAfee WebAdvisor.
Why you need to remove McAfee WebAdvisor
- Some of its features are not usable in some cases and take too much storage and space.
- There are times when the installation process takes time.
- You may have a problem with the latest version of it.
- It is also a costlier product.
- You may not be happy with the renewal feature. You need to renew it at the correct time, otherwise, your subscription gets expire. And your system becomes vulnerable to online threats.
- There is no webcam security in the McAfee WebAdvisor.
- If you turn off the auto-renewal option, some of the features on this software do not work properly.
- Another reason is the lack of dedicated defense against the hardened browser.
These are some reasons, and you may have some other reasons to remove the McAfee web advisor. So, keep reading the article to temporarily disable it or remove it.
For Microsoft Edge users
- To start, open Microsoft Edge.
- You need to select the menu icon.
- Here, choose the Extensions option.
- Last, you are requested to turn off the button corresponding to McAfee WebAdvisor.
Read More how to stop McAfee pop ups and notifications
For Chrome users
- At first, start Chrome.
- In the next step, select the three dots on the upper right.
- Next, select the More Tools option.
- At last, deselect the checkmark next to McAfee WebAdvisor.
For Firefox users
- Start your procedure by opening Firefox.
- Next, tap on the three dots.
- Then, you need to click on the Add-ons and themes option.
- Now, select Disable option beside McAfee WebAdvisor.
You need to enable the option if you want to continue with the McAfee WebAdvisor for your system protection. The above steps will help you to temporarily disable the McAfee WebAdvisor. But in case, you want to remove the McAfee WebAdvisor, then you can refer the following steps.
Steps to remove McAfee WebAdvisor
For Windows user
- Initially, you are required to close all web browsers.
- In the next step, tap on the Start on the bottom left of your screen.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Once the Control Panel opens, you are required to double-click the Programs and Features option.
- Here, you need to click on the McAfee WebAdvisore from the list mentioned.
- Now, select the remove/uninstall option.
- Lastly, you are required to restart your system.
For Mac user
You must be aware of the fact that the standalone version of McAfee WebAdvisor for Mac no longer exists. And you can remove the software by removing the Livesafe. Go through the steps for the same.
- Start LiveSafe for Mac.
- In the next step, you are required to click on the Identity option.
- And then, choose McAfee webAdvisor.
- Next, choose the lock option and then enter your password.
- Now, you need to turn off the WebAdvisor.
- Last, Click on the lock option and save changes.
Steps to remove WebAdvisor that is integrated with your security product
For Windows users
- Open Control Panel.
- Here, double-click on the Programs and Features option.
- Next, select McAfee WebAdvisor from the program list.
- Now you need to click on the Uninstall/ Change or Remove option.
- If prompted, click on the checkbox next to McAfee WebAdvisor.
- Last, choose Uninstall or Remove option.
We hope the article gives you insight into how to remove the McAfee WebAdvisor according to your need. We have mentioned the steps for Windows and Mac users. All the steps are very easy, and one can follow and remove the product easily.