Access to the Linksys range extender would grant you the ability to make changes to your extender settings and allows you to make changes as you see fit for the Linksys wifi range extender. you can perform the following tasks once you have access to Linksys extender dashboard-
- Setup, Configuration and intigration extender with Existing wifi router
- change password, network name, security protocols for extended network
- troubleshoot linksys extender performance related problems
- change band settings, channel settings and secure the admin dashboard
- update firmware for extender, block unwanted devices
when using the Linksys extender for the first time it will auto-redirect you to the Linksys extender console once the connection is established but in many cases, it fails to do that.
we are going to help you get access to the Linksys extender dashboard regardless of whether its non configured extender or a used extender. You need some of the important details to access the Linksys extender such as-
Linksys Extender defaults IP address- the recommended way is to use extender.linksys.com which translates to the default IP address. it’s a local web portal that will only work if you are connected to the Linksys extender regardless of wired or wifi connection. users can also use 192.168.1.1 as the default Linksys extender Ip.
Computer or Smartphone– you would require a computer or smartphone with the full browser that can help you get connected with Linksys extender.
Ethernet cable (optional)- its an optional but in case of troubleshooting, this might come in handy to connect the computer with Linksys extender.
Default Username and password – most range extenders have similar default usernames and passwords to access the extender dashboard. you can look at the bottom of Linksys wifi extender and there may be a label containing the default details.
Now, let’s Move forward and follow the steps to log in.
Access Linksys Extender dashboard
- restart the linksys wifi range extender and wait for it to boot up
- Make sure your computer or smartphone is connected with linksys wifi extender using wifi.
- Go to your computer or smartphone and refresh the available wifi network list by turning off and turning on the wifi.
- if you have the new linksys extender then the network name might be something like Linksys extender Setup (abc) and this abc represent 3 digit of extender mac address. Please Connect with it or any other name if you have configured the extender before and changed the Network name.
- open the web browser such as chrome of safari and type 192.168.1.1 or extender.linksys.com and press enter.
- now you should be prompted by a default linksys page thay may ask for default username and password
- Please use default admin password that you may find at the bottom of extender or on the wireless configuration card that came with it.
- you can try using admin as username and admin as the password too. if that does not work please refer to the list of default username and password for various routers and extenders.
- now this get you logged in to your linksys wifi extender. still if you face any issues its best to reset the extender and configure it again from start.
resettings the range extender would wipe out all the settings from Linksys extender that you have done and it will go back to factory defaults but as range extenders are a plug and play this it should be quick and easy to reset and reconfigure the settings from start.
Reset Linksys range extender
Now to restore Linksys extender to default settings you need to follow these steps using simple tools that can be found anywhere in the home
- first of all wear a rubber gloves if possible and plug in the linksys range extender and turn it on.
- press the reset key using the paper clip or pen and hold it for another 10-15 seconds untill all light on extender starts flashing.
- restart the linksys extender and now you can peform linksys extender setup using the simple methods as instructed.
Please leave a comment below and let us know if you need any other help.