Sometimes Our Internet doesn’t work the way we want it So we try to fix it. in case you have a Xiaomi Mi Router then we can Guide you On How to log in the router using admin access, How to setup Mi router & How to change the password & settings.
Now to Learn All of that first you Must read the Post till last & by the end of the post you may find the answers you are looking for However if you Need More Help Just let us know. we are only Comments away. Below the post, you can comment & let us know if you need any other help.
This article contains detailed instructions about how to log in and set up a Mi Wi-Fi router. By following the steps given in this article user can successfully log in to the Router.
MiWifi Login –
Users can access the web interface and get login into Mi Wi-Fi router. To access the Mi router login page user can follow the steps given below.
- Make sure that you are connected to the network. Users can either use LAN cable or directly connected with the Wi-Fi network.
- Open any web browser from your system and type the Mi router IP address in the URL field. Enter the Default IP address of the Mi router is 192.168.31.1
- The users which are configuring their Mi router for the first time and do not aware of their credentials can use the default username and password for the Mi router. The default router credentials are usually printed on the backside of the router unit.
- After the login user can easily access and update mi router setting page from the web interface. It is a good idea to note down the current setting somewhere before updating it.
Setup Mi Router –
- In the router setting page, users can set up their Mi router admin control password. Enter the new router admin control username and password in the respected fields. The users who want a Wi-Fi password to be used for router admin control can simply click on the checkbox of named ‘same as Wi-Fi password’.
- Enter the location details and set up a strong password for the Wi-Fi network of Mi Wi-Fi router.
In this way, the user can setup Mi Wi-Fi router from the web browser.
How to set up Mi Wi-Fi router using an app:
The users are often using their cell phones to access the internet. These users can also set up Mi Wi-Fi router using the mobile app available in the market. Here are the steps by using which user can set up Mi Wi-Fi router.
- Power on your Mi Wi-Fi router and make sure that Ethernet or RJ45 cable is connected to the internet port of the Mi router unit.
- Android users can visit the Google play store and iPhone users can visit the Apple app store to download the Mi Wi-Fi router application. Users can also get the OR code on the router product box or on a router unit by scanning which user can download the application.
- After downloading the application launch the app and sign in to your Mi account by entering username and password. It will automatically search and detects your Mi Wi-Fi router.
- Click on the ‘click on set up now’ button to start the process of router configuration.
- Select the router location from the home, office or other and click on the ‘next’ button.
- The router application will scan and detect your network and its type from DHCP or PPPoE.
- It will ask a user to enter the username and password here user can enter the credential provided by your internet service provider to access the internet.
- Users can also import the setting of their previous router by clicking on the button named ‘import ISP settings and password from the existing router’. To import the old router settings user need to power on the old router. After then connect the WAN port of the old router to your Mi router unit with the help of network cable. Press the button ‘connected preparing to import’.
- The users who are having the DHCP network need not enter the ISP credentials.
- Type your wireless network name and password in the respected fields. The users who want the same password to be used for accessing the router admin control can click on the button of named ‘set as router admin password as well’.
- Click on the finish button to complete the process.
In this way, the user can set up Mi router on android or iPhone devices.
Troubleshooting MiWiFi Login
Multiple users reported that they are unable to log into their Mi Wi-Fi router as they forgot their account password. Such users can contact their internet service provider if the router is provided to you by your internet service provider. The other users can follow given steps to reset the router to the default setting.
- On the backside of your Mi router unit, the user can see the small hole or reset button. Users can press and hold that reset button with the help of a paper clip for few seconds till the light on the router unit turns yellow.
- The yellow line on the router unit flashes release the button and wait for the router to power on.
- Try to login to the router.
The users who know their account credentials can want to restore their router to the default settings can use the alternative method of resetting Mi router from the control panel.
Note – Next Option Might Not be a Good idea Because you may not have access to the router Settings. However Just in case if you Need this Info Someday.
Reset Using Web Interface –
- Open a web browser and type the default IP address of your Mi Wi-Fi router 192.168.31.1.
- Enter your account credentials and login to your Mi router.
- On the settings page of Mi Wi-Fi router, go to the common settings option.
- Select the system status and click on the restore now button.
In this way, the user can reset their router from the web interface. Resetting the router is the best solution when the user’s Mi router is unstable, provides poor internet connection or when users unable to configure their Mi Wi-Fi router.
If still user is unable to set up their Mi Wi-Fi router then they can get in touch with their internet service provider or the technical support team of Mi to get the quick and reliable solution.